2/6/11

Welcome to our new Blog:

First I would like to thank George (Geo) Donovan for his inspirational vision of a meeting place for all former people who attended, or was associated with the Geary Rural High School. I would also like to thank Bonnie Anderson Cogswell for her dedicated support in assisting George with this huge undertaking.

As for myself, I got hooked after Peter Carr added me to the Facebook group.
I read some of the comments, had a few conversations, and that was it. It felt like I was back in the small community that I so loved growing up in.

When George asked if there was anyone capable of building a blog site for the group, I had no choice but to try and help. I felt it was necessary to contribute, and to support this worthy adventure.

So here it is Folks our very own site, a place to catch up with, and remember some of the past. George and Bonnie have agreed to take over the postings after a period of time; I will always be here to keep the site working in the background.

This is just the place for great memories and fun things. We have all experienced enough bad, so let’s focus on all the fun, the old jukebox days, fishing in Snake Creek or swimming in the Rockwell Stream. Remember the good things like, skating on the outdoor rinks, walking to the canteen every night, or even our favorite TV shows, and so much more.

In the past few days I have chatted with, and emailed more old friends than I could ever have imagined. We may not live near each other, but we are close. These old memories will help us to recall all of the wonderful feelings of being young and growing up in a small community where it all began many years ago.

I hope you enjoy the site, and please leave comments on the postings.
Have fun, Eric (Rick) Carr

jukebox_3 Best Blogger Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment